Much Ado about Nothing will be performed by Inanc students on spring of 2010. The play was supposed to be performed on spring of 2009 but due to some "technical" problems it is postponed to spring of 2010. This is a production of Shakespeare Club and mostly consists of seniors and sophomores. The play is supervised by Nancy Aitcheson and Patrick Bredehoft. The play will be performed by the same cast with some slight differences. Since class of 2009 is graduated, the actors and actress from class of 2009 will be replaced with mostly freshmen and sophomores. The actors and actress are working hard to present a great play to their peers and teachers.
Much Ado about Nothing is a comedy by William Shakespeare which was written around late 1500s. The play is set in Messina, Sicily and act one opens with a lovely scene from the hills of Messina. The main characters of the play are Benedick, Beatrice, Claudio, and Hero. The story starts with the wedding preparations of a pair of lovers, Claudio and Hero who are due to be married in a week. In the mean time, Don Pedro, the prince of Aragon, decides to set a play for Beatrice and Benedick to make them confess their love for one another. Thorought the play Beatrice and Benedick step forward as quirky and witty characters whereas Hero and Claudio step forward as naive characters. By the way, in the middle of this love games, the prince's mean brother, Don John, tris to destroy the prince's plans and cancel the marriage.
The most wonderful casting of all time...
- Don Pedro, Prince of Aragon: Tanberk Can Dervişoğlu
- Benedick, of Padua, a lord: Hüseyin Murat Ateş
- Claudio, of Florence, a lord: Doruk Erduran
- Balthasar, attendant on Don Pedro: Taylan Turan
- Don John, Don Pedro's evil brother: Burak Kural
- Leonato, governor of Messina: Alper Taşkıran
- Hero, Leonato's daughter: Ece Koçak
- Beatrice, Leonato's niece, an orphan: Merve Ayan
- Antonio, an old man: Ece Meram
- Margaret, gentlewoman, attendant on Hero: Bike Su Öner
- Ursula, gentlewoman, attendant on Hero: Ecem Naz Boyacıoğlu
- Friar Francis, a priest: Selin Ünlüönen
- Dogberry, the grand constable in charge of Messina's night watch: N\A
- Verges, the Headborough, Dogberry’s partner: N\A
- Sexton,the judge of the trial of Borachio: N\A
- Messenger, messenger of Messina: Kortan Berat Gödekoğlu